The Marxmen

My g/f came down from East Gringstead to visit me yesterday. It was great to see her and as a treat I took her on a Marxist tour of Ramsgate as run by Simon Mores(?) who is running the Magical Marxist exhibition up at IOTA. I really never knew how much time Marx spent in Ramsgate. About ten visits in all and a couple more than that by Engles. We did have a fun time... well, I did.. my poor girl puts up with all sorts for me. The tour itself was wittily called Land Marx and finished at the Churchills for a quiz called Top Marx. We even got Karl Marx masks to wear at the end. I'd hoped to pick up all the information for the quiz on the tour (plus a bit of skim reading before hand) but it didn't actually have anything to do with Marxism. Shame really as I don't know anything about Coronation Street. Still, he was a question writer for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, so I can't really complain.


Don't know how we finally did in the quiz. At half way we were third, but we left before the end to go to Balmoral in Broadstairs to try and catch some of the acoustic stuff that was going on there (a real jolly jaunt around Thanet). Shame really as I noticed a note behind the bar stating a £30 drinks tally for the winning team.... unused. Could that have been my £30 worth of drinks that I've missed out on by leaving?


Btw, I'm using a blogger plugin on my linux here that despite having a field for the 'title' of a post, doesn't actually fill it in, but rather puts it as the first line of the post.

posted by SkinOfStars @ 1:25 am,

6 Comments:

At July 01, 2006 12:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does he have a site we can visit?

 
At July 01, 2006 11:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its east grinstead!

and i had a great time. i can heartily recommend going on a tour of marx hotspots in ramsgate...especially on a gorgeous summer night with a gorgeous young man (btw i mean my b/f not simon...though simon was very nice and did have great jeans...)

but the quiz did have too many questions on belgium


the g/f from e.g.
x

 
At July 01, 2006 11:41 pm, Blogger Richard Eastcliff said...

Give my regards to Ship Street!

 
At July 02, 2006 1:40 pm, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

Gringos, Mores/Morse... I clearly don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I don't really have a clue what any of you are doing here reading my misleading drivel!

 
At July 08, 2006 11:08 am, Blogger Lucy Mail said...

As far as the unused bar bill is concerned, I find it hard to imagine that either the huge IOTA team or their satellite Tony, Jane and Joe team would've left that unspent. As, apart from your own team of two, there appeared to be only one other team (that didn't seem too interested), there's a good chance that you may have won/lost the free drinkies.

 
At July 09, 2006 5:48 pm, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

cripes, you were there were't you lucy!

Jane, Tony and Joe won and in a true marxist fashion, returned their winnings to everyone. My team of two came joint fourth out of seven teams. Next time you can come join my team and we'll see if we can win the booze and keep it all to ourselves in a suitably capitalist fashion. 'Up the bourgeoisie and crush the proletariat!'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home