Copyrighting my blog

Actually, I think it would be better to say that I'm copylefting my blog. While reading my Technology Guardian from yesterday I was reminded of a certain gentleman called Lawrence Lessig who set up the CreativeCommons.org. Because I can, I'll copy + paste what they say on their site:
Creative Commons licenses provide a flexible range of freedoms and protections for authors, artists, and educators. We have built upon the "all rights reserved" concept of traditional copyright to offer a voluntary "some rights reserved" approach. We're a nonprofit organization. All of our tools are free.

The basic jist of it is this: you can do whatever you want with the work I do on this blog, modify it, make money from it, whatever. So long as you promise to share your derivatives (that's my only stipulation). You'll find some way down on the right hand side a license to this effect as well as on this post. I know it's unlikely that anyone would, but if you do you don't have to feel bad for stealing my trash. We have also had one of these on oonagi for some time, lest you want to use any and abuse info from that.

In other Thanet blogger news, I see that Lucy Mail of Ramsgate now has her own blog, at long last. This blog has the funniest title/sub-title combination I've seen for some time and has tickled me, so I'm compelled to add it to the links to the right.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 England & Wales License.

posted by SkinOfStars @ 4:30 pm,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home