The scoop nobody wants

Sorry to say guys, but I have the scoop that nobody wants but we kinda expected. Eastcliff Richard has quit. I've been in email contact with Eastcliff Richard and he's detailed a list of reasons why. Here it is in his own words:

Kevin asks,
"Whats happening dear fellow? You have closed down your blog."

Richards reply,
"Several reasons dear fellow:

1. I'm having a prolonged sulk. Er, no, that's not it.
Let's start again.

1. Things have got out of hand recently, and I'm not
happy with the turn of events. The blog was meant to
be satire and humour, not argy-bargy, and all I was
hoping to do was have a bit of fun, and maybe make one
or two serious points by sugaring the pill. If other
people found it amusing too, all well and good.

I'm afraid I mishandled the Ram Skate business with
our precious Dr Moores. It's very hard to get 'tone of
voice' across in the written word. I was trying to
keep the debate on a banter level, clearly I failed,
and now everyone seems to have ended up with a bad
case of sense of humour failure.

2. When I started ECR I was genuinely hoping that
other, more alternative blogs would spring up, and
that's happened, which is great. I think it's about
time for me to hand over the baton.

3. There's been such a clamour of people wanting to
know who I am, or who think they know who I am, that
people are pointing the finger at anyone and everyone.
The kind of stupid but scathing nonsense I write is
generally best served up anonymously, there'd be
little point if someone actually did find out who I
am, so I'm getting out while the going's good!
Besides, I wouldn't want to wake up one morning and
find my cliff top mansion burnt down, would I? There
are people like that around here, as I'm sure you
know.

4. TDC is letting Thanet down badly, it could be so
much better (go get 'em, Tony!). Sorry, that's not a
reason, just a political point.

So there it is, the party's over, but it was good, if
a little odd, while it lasted. Good luck with Skin of
Stars, do keep me abreast of hair developments so that
I can recognise you if I ever wander over to
********** for a pint of the Gaddfather's finest.

Please feel free to publish this if you want
(hopefully a bit of a scoop for you). Remember, don't
let the b*st*rds grind you down! I did, and now my
legs are teeny tiny stumps.

Yours

ECR

P.S Sorry about all that Michael Caine stuff when you
had your flash mob. At least you took it in the spirit
it was meant!"

Well there you go fellow bloggers. That's the scoop nobody wanted but alas we have.
Let us keep on blogging, I know I certainly will.

So long Eastcliff Richard. It's been fun.

posted by SkinOfStars @ 12:10 am,

7 Comments:

At May 24, 2006 11:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who killed ECR? Was it Pammy? God I hope it doesn't all turn out to have been a dream. That would be sooooo dull!

 
At May 24, 2006 12:01 pm, Blogger Richard Eastcliff said...

Sorry to disappoint, but it was all a dream. The kind of dream that ends in -land, if you get my drift.

 
At May 24, 2006 12:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sad loss, ECR, was one of the most humerous things I could look forward too, each day.
A certain high flying blogger needs to get a sense of humour transplant.
And stop concentrating on his SELF publication trip, with it's old news stories.
Anyway thanks to ECR for all his humerous bloggings & come back soon.
MR 'X' The No-MAD

 
At May 24, 2006 1:44 pm, Blogger Richard Eastcliff said...

Well I can't say I was perfect myself, you know. It's been more of a case of: 'Regrets, I've had a few, etc.' Talking of having a few, the chronic alcohol abuse didn't help either.

 
At May 24, 2006 4:21 pm, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

Don't worry ramskate, I'm sure we all feel a little guilty. I know I raised the 'who is eastcliff?' question. And I'm sure I could have done or said something to chill it all out, rather than mock posting about the drama of it all.

But like all good theater, it must come to an end. As a dead man once said:
It's better to burn out than to fade away.

 
At May 24, 2006 6:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

noooooooo! i loved reading your blogs ECR! please start again soon!

 
At May 24, 2006 7:26 pm, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

Not that there is a direct comparison, but I was quoting Kurt Cobain, who in turn was quoting Neil Young, or Def Lepppard, or or or.

Either way, Curt is a dead man. So... who is JG????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home