Webcasting on oonagi

I know it's popular to call webcasts podcasts nowadays, but I'm not tempted to jump on the bandwagon. For a start, I don't own an iPod and I never play them on iPods (I usually use songbird, a neat open source media player). I've also found that other people think you need an iPod to play them. So I'll tick with good old 'webcast'. When I get round to sorting out my syndication, I'll call them 'syndicated webcasts'. I know, I'm old fashioned, but what can you do.

My latest one on oonagi (webcast no.5) got picked up by the Cliff Richard on his blog. Good of him to mention it, also good of him to point out that sound levels are a bit screwy. I've been having this problem quite a bit. In line with my open source addiction, I'm using Audacity. This is a very neat audio recorder along the lines of the proprietary SoundForge. You would hope that by webcast5 I would have sorted this out. Still I'll plug away. The main problem I've been having with it is amplifying the talking parts without it clipping. I've tried using the compressor, the clip remover, the peak smoother and every other plugin with 'er' on the end. Finally I resorted to going through each bit with the pencil tool and shifting each little wave manually. That wasn't fun, there must be another way. I'll play with it some more and hopefully figure it out.

Me and Jim had lots of fun doing the last one and we're already talking about the next. Jim want to interview Duncan, our local celebrity trumpeter (who is mentioned on the cast). My main aim is just to play and talk about local bands. A nice dream for the future is to do videos of the bands live and to host them.

posted by SkinOfStars @ 5:41 pm,

4 Comments:

At May 19, 2006 12:20 am, Blogger Richard Eastcliff said...

Stone the crows, I think I'd shoot myself if I thought I was Cliff Richard.

 
At May 19, 2006 1:15 am, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

Denial eh? I think I may be on to something!

 
At May 20, 2006 3:57 pm, Blogger Richard Eastcliff said...

Oh alright, I give in. Go to my blog and click on the link to 'Wonderful Radio Frinton'. Once you're on their site, click on 'Station History', and you'll find a picture of me.

 
At May 20, 2006 4:58 pm, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

Hehe, there you are Cliff! I should have known that all the clues would be there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home