I found an interesting article on the amount of people that actually participate in web content:

Guardian Unlimited Technology | Technology | What is the 1% rule?

The summary would be something like this. For every hundred people who view a social site (eg wikipedia, blogger etc), 1 will create content, 10 will comment or add content, 89 wil just read. I hope this makes those of you who worry about the lack of comments or input on your blogs makes you feel a little better.

So, like Lucy Mail said in this blog post, don't worry about the fly catching audience, just power on

posted by SkinOfStars @ 8:20 pm,

2 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 4:14 pm, Blogger adem said...

I always try and comment if I think I can add something, although what's the point if it is completely irrelevant?

I guess I could try and drive more people to my blog but why bother? It would only really matter if I was on some kind of stat-related ego trip.

 
At July 28, 2006 7:00 pm, Blogger Richard Eastcliff said...

You wouldn't catch me adding a pointless comment in the forlorn hope of getting someone to look at my blog.

By the way, the word verification below says 'kems n mud'. Is that a new Ben and Jerry's?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home