Finally

Its taken long enough but I am finally back on the net. I thought that with all this high-speed world we were living in the internet wouldn't have take the better part of a month to sort out. First its problems with how long since you've had your phone line, then its that the previous people living here were with another company (hold on, I'm sure I set up a new line!?), then you have to wait for engineers, then you have to wait longer because of floods! All very painful.

A few weeks ago we had our interband football tournament in Dane Park. We've been doing it for the past seven years (here is a link to last years football post). I managed to get to the final this year but alas we were beaten by younger, fitter, chavs. Ah well. Just like to say a public thanks to all the lads who helped me organise the event. I'd also like to say a public shame on all those who left litter at the end, not cool.

I was intending to do a rebuke to Tony's comments on my last blog post, but the moment is somewhat lost. He is right, Linux isn't the most prevalent desktop system. It is worth noting though that it is by no means a backwater system, for example, Blogger runs on Linux. So its interesting that he was using said system to say that no-one uses it.

Well, its a nice day so I'll leave you all to it. :)

Labels: , , , ,

posted by SkinOfStars @ 3:28 pm,

3 Comments:

At August 15, 2007 5:00 pm, Blogger Tony Flaig said...

Well I know how you feel about the moment being lost, myself, I have experienced something similar in as much as my switch from using a Desktop PC to a laptop has resulted in fewer posts.

The idea seemed good at the time go squander some money on new technology. Well its not as easy as that, writing or blogging requires a certain ambience, being able to port my virtual world round the house is not the same as being locked away in the spare room.

Anyhow on the up side the voice dictation that comes with Vista is superb and probably not something you will see on your hand knitted organically grown linux tosh so there.

Please note that this has been individually typed just in case your have some aversion or serious allergy to artificially produced text.

 
At August 15, 2007 7:12 pm, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

hehe, bless you tony, you are a funny old chap.

i do find that new technology is generally more of a distraction than an improvement in productivity, except in vista's case where it is more a drain on system resources (read, must buy more expensive computer just to run it). hope you spent the extra cash to get that fancy graphics card for all the aero goodies.

 
At August 16, 2007 6:22 pm, Blogger Tony Flaig said...

This reply may contain nuts.

Sadly its a case of act in haste and repent at leisure (the laptop Vista thing), there may be a grain in truth in what you say.


NUTS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home