Shhh

Ok, I'll break my silence, if for nothing more than the fear that I may soon end on ECRs 'Where are they now?' list!

I've not ignored Thanet in any way, I take the Thanet Times back to Oxford with me (or get them brought to me!) when I can and keep up with blogging through the wonder of the internet. You know, I found I can be anywhere to read these blogs, not just in Thanet, amazing things these Internets.

I often find that when I see something interesting I think about how I would put it in a blog post, but it would seem I'm now into the habit of not posting. Lets take this example: The other day I was in Margate and was almost knocked over by Sandy Beach who was rounding a corner at high pace away from the town, only to find that when I got to Margate centre the whole town was without power... link perhaps?!

The topic of the moment though does seem to be TBLs birthday. I can hardly believe it to be a year already. That curious, spiraling turning of events that began with turmoil on the blogger circuit to the rise of the blog list. Though for my sins I may have started it, to my better judgment I handed it to Adem who has made it into a truly useful and enjoyable resource... though I must be honest, I cannot stand this Snap preview thing (cue tech tip). If you want to turn it off this is what you have to do: hover over a link to the snappy thing appears, got to options in that pop-up, check the boxes to disable, when it saves reload.

Ok, I'm here for the next month so I'll probably post again, mainly because I see this as a Thanet blog. After that I'll probably pull it into my new personal site that I'm planning (see if you can guess the web address ;) ).

For all you Thanet bloggers: Keep up the good work!

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by SkinOfStars @ 4:59 pm,

3 Comments:

At June 08, 2007 8:33 pm, Blogger Richard Eastcliff said...

Splendid to see you back on Thanet soil Dusty old bean! We've missed you. And you were right to encourage me not to give up during that contretemps last year - I'm blogging like a good 'un! Don't know if anyone else is appreciating it though. Oh well, stuff 'em!

 
At June 09, 2007 4:40 pm, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

It's all good Richie old boy, you're still one of the first pages I land on in blogland and glad you got your rightful top of page inclusion in the Thanet Times.

It is a shame about the non-inclusion of BIGNEWS in the article though, as well as the generally poor linkage, another example of a gazunder blunder. Maybe now a fellow blogger has joined their ranks they may start to sort things like that out.

 
At June 14, 2007 4:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!! I thought you'd fallen off the edge of the world.... maybe you did and it means Thanet is the centre of the universe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home