mmmm, cooked breakfast

Made a nice change today, waking up in the morning. Went down for breakfast, life is that much easier when other people are cooking for you, it is also a good motivator to crawl out my pit in the morning. I thought it was important to make the effort and get up for food today seeing as I have rugby training at 2pm. We have our first match in four weeks and to be honest my laziness over Christmas has raised my own concerns over match fitness. What is the chances of a full time smoker and general layabout being able to run for 80mins. I can see me being sick on the touchline.

I've been playing with the new Bloglist and frankly I'm loving what he's done with it. The Recent Feeds section is awesome and is a great to use in conjunction with netvibes. For example, though I have about 17 Thanet blog feeds on a netvibes page I would never have known that Old Ramsgate and Thanet Underground has been adding new material if it hadn't been for the Bloglist. I'm not going to add every feed to my netvibes just in case, but the Bloglist does that for us.

thanetbloglist.co.uk member


In view of this I've decided to add the new button that is made available in the promote section. I'll admit that I wasn't altogether happy with the code, but frankly I always find something to moan about so I suggest you all use that mental filter now that I'm sure you all use on banner ads for the rest of the web... Actually, if you really don't like banner ads there is a great Firefox extension that will clean the internet of them for you, its called AdBlock Plus

I'm now getting closer with my oonagi redesign with pretty much only one thing left to do on it, which alas due to my lack of php knowledge I have to place a request to ask someone else to fix for me. Shame really, maybe by the end of this year I'll know what to do, though by the end of this year all the knowledge will probably be out of date anyway!

Labels: , , ,

posted by SkinOfStars @ 10:04 am,

6 Comments:

At January 30, 2007 12:33 am, Blogger Jeremy Jacobs said...

Nice work on the Wordpress TBL.

I'm not going to ask you to add my main site. It's Wordpress based and I'm pleased I can actually use it!

 
At January 30, 2007 12:52 am, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

I'm not doing TBL anymore dear Jeremy. I handed over the mantle to Adem of The Big Blog fame in september and he built the wordpress edition. And a fine job he did to. :)

 
At January 30, 2007 12:56 am, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

I should also say, if its local then add it. All Thanet blogs should be on there.

 
At January 30, 2007 7:10 am, Blogger Richard Eastcliff said...

Not sure why non-Thanet blogs have been allowed, but there you go, Pandora's box has been opened and now any bald bloke with a chain can get on it!

 
At January 30, 2007 12:40 pm, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

Hey, I'm not bald!

 
At February 05, 2007 3:17 pm, Blogger adem said...

If blogs are not local, then I may still add them as long as some of the subject matter is about Thanet.

Just because someone wants to be added simply won't cut the mustard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home