End of semester 2.1

Just finished my final exam (computer networks) for this semester of my second year. That should mean I'm exactly half way through, not sure I am though. Unfortunately I feel that I did terribly this semester, including this exam, and I'm kinda woried that it will mean I'm going to have to add an extra semester onto my course. Still, we'll see, I may yet be able to pull it back. Otherwise, I'm pretty glad this bit is over. The last few months have been a real struggle and I'm looking forward to coming home for an all be it brief period of time.

So now it is time to go have a few ales. I'm gonna try to hold back tonight as tomorrow is my birthday and we're planning a raucous affair. I'm in Wales for Christmas but will be spending NYE in Thanet, most probably at the Lido, where I hope to catch up with some old friends. I'm a little sad to say this may be one of my last trips back since the family home is now up for sale with the intention of leaving the area. One can't help but feel a little loss at the thought of not returning to an area where I spent so many of my formative years but its difficult to imagine that I would return without a family home there. I guess some people flee from the nest, others are pushed and some just have the nest taken away while they're not looking.

Labels: , , ,

posted by SkinOfStars @ 4:27 pm,

2 Comments:

At January 07, 2008 6:03 pm, Blogger Richard Eastcliff said...

You're leaving the Ile de Thanet? This is a tragedy! What will the geologists do without you???

 
At January 19, 2008 8:31 pm, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

I'll set up the site as best I can and hopefully it will sustain itself. I have no intention of stopping hosting it so in that respect its safe, but in all honesty, its a little dead these days anyway. Everyone spends all their time on facebook or myspace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home