Thought I'd give my blog the overhaul since my life is experiencing the same. I'm now staying at Harcourt Halls at the Westminster Institute at Oxford Brookes. Its still freshers week at the moment so not a lot of studying is going on. On the other hand, a hell of a lot of drinking is going on. I've only discovered one local ale so far called Village Idiot. The brewer is a Wychwood spinoff and the beer is a classic summer pale. I'm sure with a bit of hunting I'll find some more. Though I've picked up the freshers vibe I'm not strictly following the classic fresher trail for this town. I'm not doing all the set evening activities and I've no intention of going to the fresher ball. Instead I've found myself in a group of older, though perhaps not wiser students and we've been hitting local bars and clubs. Tonight though is maybe going to be a bit quieter with a casual night at the campus student union bar. I'll come back later and tell of the probably more serious aspects of academia and my intened covert operation of sneaking into Oxford University proper to check out the more affluent side (I hear their halls are furnished with antiques).

posted by SkinOfStars @ 9:00 pm,

3 Comments:

At September 19, 2006 11:16 pm, Blogger Little Weed said...

Shame you lost the stars. Have a good time in Oxford

 
At September 20, 2006 1:15 pm, Blogger SkinOfStars said...

maybe i'll bring back some stars. i did this in a bit of a rush and i'm far to hungover now to start playing with it :)

 
At September 21, 2006 1:13 am, Blogger adem said...

Freshers!! Pah!!

I've been working 15 hour days at Uni, meaning this week I've already done around 60 hours!!

Off to bed now I think!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home